My motivation to lose weight, to prove that diets don’t work and that there is a better way to lose weight and keep it off forever is getting scientific backing.
I couldn’t believe my eyes when I read this headline: Scientists say, “Total Rethink Needed On Dieting.”
Duh!!! Diets don’t work. Does it really take the scientific community to point this out???
Just look around. The multibillion dollar weight loss industry has failed us because they have a vested interest in keeping us fat! They know that deprivation and complication don’t work, but their marketing is so darned good, we eat it all up don’t we?
As soon as we hear those hypnotic words; Easy Weight Loss, Lose Weight Fast, How To Lose 10lbs In 7 Days we get sucked into the promises that this time it will be different, this time I can do it, this is the diet that’s going to work.
But the reality prevails: DIETS DON’T WORK. Deprivation doesn’t work. Complication doesn’t work.
Here’s an excerpt from the article I was reading:
VANCOUVER, Canada (AFP) – “‘Everything you know about dieting is wrong,’ say US scientists who have devised a new formula for calculating calories and weight loss that they hope will revolutionize the way people tackle obesity.
Obesity rates have doubled worldwide in the past 30 years, coinciding with a growing food surplus, and the ensuing epidemic has sparked a multibillion dollar weight loss industry that has largely failed to curb the problem.”
If you want to read the entire article click this link – Scientists say “Total Rethink Needed On Dieting”.
So what does work then?
If you’ve been reading my blog posts you already know my thoughts on this.
If you seriously want to lose weight and keep it off forever, it only takes 5 steps.
- Find an empowering motivation to lose weight that is invincible.
- Get moving. Find an exercise you like/love to do. That’s the only way you’ll stick to it. For some ideas read “But I HATE Exercise!”
- Change your eating habits. Throw out the junk. To keep it real simple, “If God didn’t make it – don’t eat it.” Junk food will keep you fat. There’s no way around it. It’s bad for you, your body can’t process it, it’s toxic and will always land on your hips and keep you miserable.
- Throw away the bathroom scales, the tape measure, the calorie counter, the food scales, the diet books, the gurus and the gadgets.
- And get real with yourself. Get very honest with yourself. Make sure you understand why you’re doing this and how much it means to you. It has to be important to you. If it’s not, you won’t stick to it.
Of all the steps listed above, if you can just find an empowering, unwavering, invincible motivation to lose weight, you will conquer everything that stands between you and your goal. I promise you. But you have to find it first. Dig deep.
Good luck. I know how difficult this journey is.
P.S. If you enjoyed this post, please do leave a comment or click ‘like’ and share with your friends. Maybe this post isn’t for you, but you know someone else who it might help.